Communication is essential to every business; we establish this as a fact. Therefore, it is only then necessary to have a reliable and suitable phone solution to address the need of communication for our business. But, the available phone solutions out in the market may be an overkill for small businesses and expense may overpower its functionality.
We don’t want that to happen because our aim is always to maximize our profit and reduce our costs.
Although we could settle for a cellular phone and home phones but we know that it’ll be costlier and much more of hassle in the long run than to simply invest into a system that simply answers this need.
Therefore, we shall look into details of some small business phone solutions that are reliable and not very expensive. Something that suits your business needs.
There are plenty of phone system providers today but we shall delve only into the providers that offer great features and affordable prices that targets small business owners.
We shall first begin with Grasshopper.com; this site offers a phone system built for entrepreneurs by the entrepreneurs. It allows you to pick toll free and local numbers and add departments and employees as your business begins to expand. This company offers the following features:
- Custom greeting
- Name directory
- Unlimited call handling
- Hold music (including custom uploads)
- Voicemail and fax to email
- Conference calling
- Call forwarding/screening
Next, we have RingCentral which provides phone solutions perfect for small businesses. It offers advanced features that includes flexible answering options, departments with call queues, and a dial by name directory. Listed below are features that RingCentral offers:
- Auto-receptionist and dial-by-name directory
- Advanced call forwarding
- Toll-free, local, or vanity numbers for voice and fax
- Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android
- Unlimited conferencing and business SMS
Then we also have Fonality. Their target customers are small businesses with 10-250 employees. They offer all the features you expect to get, plus some advanced features like call center and CRM integration. Their features also include the following:
- Custom voice prompts
- Web-based admin panel
- Multiple location integration
- Branch office support
- Record and store agent calls for training and review
We also have 8×8 that combines an easy to use, reliable and affordable business phone system along with their promised quality customer service. The service is a cloud-based voice over Internet Protocol system that doesn’t require an expensive PBX system set-up or trained IT staff to maintain and administer. All that is required is a high speed reliable Internet connection and IP phones.
8×8 assures its reliability as it has the highest recorded uptimes amongst the cloud-based VoIP systems, ease of use, affordability, features, and quality customer services. A downside to this provider, however, is that additional features that you may want to add will incur extra costs.
These features may be a toll-free number or call queuing. But on the bright side, you can cut down the costs of features you don’t need.
Lastly, Ooma with their “size of a business should not determine phone service quality and feature” motto. These providers have vowed to “help small businesses save money and time while presenting themselves in the most professional way”.
This service provider assures a quality phone system at an affordable price perfect for small businesses. Furthermore, Ooma Office helps small businesses communicate more efficiently through features that inspires professionalism and confidence.
The key features of this Office includes:
- Virtual Receptionist: Automatically greets and directs incoming calls and answers differently during business and non-business hours.
- Big Business Feature Set: Provides all business necessities including extension dialing, music-on-hold, ring groups, conference bridges, virtual numbers, and many other features.
- Wireless Workplace: OomaLinx remote phone jacks utilize DECT 6.0 technology to allow easy installation and a wire-free workplace.
- Unparalleled Voice Quality: HD Voice technology delivers crystal-clear calls.
- Easy Line Expansion: Capable of hosting up to 10 lines and five phone extensions.
- Compatibility: Works with analog telephones (no expensive SIP phones needed) and fax machines. Small business owners can also choose to use their existing phone number or select a new phone number at no extra charge.
- 24/7 Customer Support: Easy do-it-yourself setup backed with 24/7 support.