One of the first steps when starting on a new business venture is setting up a reliable phone or communication system. A lot of work, especially in human resources and customer services, are done via the phone or networked computers for a faster and efficient system. Still, offices need a day to day form of communication.
Older and traditional phone systems were expensive and very rigid. Skilled technicians or support crew would be needed urgently just to reconfigure the phone system and have it properly running. However, the rapid development and progress of technology has also upgraded and introduced new phone systems and one of the most noticed is the Voice over Internet Protocol phone system.
This system actually converts analog signals which contains your audio messages into digital signals that is transmitted via the Internet or even the Local Area Network. This VoIP system is known because of its vast potential and future applications and also with its flexibility.
As long as you have secured internet access, you’re VoIP phone system is also assured. But, what really sets VoIP apart from other phone systems are the numerous benefits it offers to users.
These benefits are the major advantages of having a VoIP system:
- VoIP is easier to install, configure, and maintain. As compared to the hard-wired traditional phone systems that uses the PSTN, we must admit that VoIP phone systems are easier to install and configure. VoIP can be installed and configured even if you have a limited amount of knowledge in this area.
- VoIP scales up and down easily. We can never predict the future and so does the number of phones that we might actually need next year or the year after. As such, traditional phones can become a waste in the long run as you may make a mistake on your estimation and your cost would not be justified. With the Hosted VoIP, it is much easier to add a line as you hire new employees or to remove a line when an employee leaves.
- Employee’s numbers follow them wherever they go. If you are re-assigning your employees or expanding your offices then reconfiguring the employee’s line may be a hassle. This advantage of the Hosted VoIP takes that hassle away as you can easily reconfigure the system via a convenient web portal. It is also convenient for businesses that require employees to travel a lot since calls can be diverted to anywhere in the world due to the cloud-hosted VoIP phone systems.
- A range of Call Features is supported. Carrying over all the features available on the traditional phone systems, Hosted VoIP phone systems also adds more features that are unique to each VoIP provider. There is no need to worry about losing some traditional features on the old phone system.
- Fax is also supported. While we agree that fax machines are out of date, we must also agree that some people still prefer to use the faxing system. In spite of emails, sending paper to and across offices are still needed and as such a faxing system is still necessary.
- Hosted VoIP saves your business money. Lowering costs is still the main aim of any business as they raise their profits. As such, business solutions that offers fewer costs and can accommodate the necessary tasks are much appreciated by business owners. In regards to this, hosted VoIP is affordable and flexible as you can choose especially which features you need or don’t need.
- VoIP integrates with other business systems. Because VoIP relies on the Internet, hosted VoIP are easier to integrate on many business applications that are being used by employees’ every day. It allows you to do jobs and place outbound calls via Microsoft Outlook and some other email clients, or perhaps to bring a customer record with a customer inbound call. Voice main accounts are also accessible through email for workers who travel, and you can get voice mail transcription with some hosted VoIP phone systems.
With these advantages of the newer phone system called VoIP, it is only obvious that many business enterprises are switching over from the old and rigid traditional PBX systems.