With the increasing popularity of VoIP PBX system as a communication system for businesses, comes also the increasing need for VoIP phones that are compatible with the said PBX system.
Although, traditional phones can still be used as an IP phone with the ATA but plenty would rather invest with the new VoIP phones along with their features. As such, we have taken the liberty on featuring some of the best VoIP phones released on the markets and their features.
First on the list of VoIP phones to be featured is a product of the world renowned CISCO Systems. This Cisco SPA 303 3-Line Phone has the appearance like any other phone except that it is an IP-phone with a two-port switch and monochrome LCD display.
It is an IP phone that can be used for a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) or Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) connections. The features of this phone includes the following services:
- Supports 3-line business-class IP phones.
- Connects directly to an Internet telephone service provider or to an IP private branch exchange (PBX).
- Features include dual-switched Ethernet ports, speakerphone, caller ID, call hold, conferencing, and more.
- Provides easy installation and a highly secure remote provisioning, as well as menu-based and web-based configuration.
- Supports both Session Internet Protocol (SIP) and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) with Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series.
- Includes a 1-year hardware warranty.
Next on the list is a product of Ooma. Ooma is known for their affordable and quality IP phones and VoIP PBX system services.
The Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service is a VoIP phone that allows you to connect to your high speed internet and regular home phone and get nationwide crystal clear calling for free. With your monthly fee, this Ooma Telo offers you superior voice quality and reliability with Ooma’s own Ooma PureVoiceTM HD technology.
Additional advanced features are available with Ooma Premier Service which includes the ability to block telemarketers and any unwanted calls. Features also include:
- PureVoice HD technology for clarity and reliability
- Integration with Amazon Echo and its voice-enabled smart assistant, Alexa
- Caller-ID, call-waiting, call return, 911 and 911 text alerts
- Online portal with call log, preferences and contacts
- One-touch voicemail audio playback
- Remote voicemail retrieval and online playback
- Fax mode
- Live customer support
- Choose any available area code
- Ooma Mobile HD app for free outbound calling
- Everyday low rates on international calling
- Unlimited calling to over 60 countries with the Ooma World Plan
- Free Ooma-to-Ooma calling worldwide
Then we have a VoIP phone product by Plantronics. Plantronics M214C Headset with Adjustable Volume. This product allows you to multitask in your home while enjoying a clear and noise-free conversation with this Plantronics M214C Headset cordless IP phone.
This comfortable and affordable headset includes an inline microphone adjust switch that can optimize your voice volume and mute control to minimize the background noise. It prides itself to its lightweight, sleek over-the-head design with adjustable headband for a comfortable and secure fit. This headset can be easily plugged into cordless handsets and cell phones.
Lastly, we feature another product of Ooma – the Ooma HD2 Handset. This phone offers improved HD Voice call clarity and features made possible by Ooma’s cloud-enabled platform. It is a sleek-looking cordless hand phone that boasts of features of a smartphone that now can be found on your home phone.
It has a two inch color screen and picture caller ID along with the ability to sync profile pictures and contacts from your Facebook, Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Outlook, and MAC Address Book. You can now see a picture of the caller as the phone rings and search through the contacts.
Also, you can easily manage using the Ooma web portal.
Also, this Ooma HD2 Handset boasts of its cutting edge HD voice clarity. This technology was made possible by capturing twice the voice data to double the fidelity of standard phone calls to produce a richer and more natural sounding conversation. Some of its features also includes:
- Superior Security and Range
- Hands free calling
- Intercom and baby monitor
- Advanced Voicemail Features
- Detailed call log
With additional fees via the Ooma Premier Service, users can also access these additional features:
- Instant Second line
- Do not Disturb and Sent To Voicemail
- Personal Number